Wednesday, January 05, 2005

About the Church of Christ

The church of Christ is an non-denominational church with no central headquarters, with Jesus Christ as the head. We follow the apostles' doctrine. Why should there be denominations if we serve the same God? Why should there be denominations if division is not approved by the Bible?

Matt 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Eph 1:22-23 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.

Col 1:24 Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy

Eph 4:3-6 endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

I Cor 1:10-13 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, "I am of Paul," or "I am of Apollos," or "I am of Cephas," or "I am of Christ." Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

Acts 2:42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers

Rom 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.

I Tim 1:3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia--remain in Ephesus that you may charge some that they teach no other doctrine

Check out www.bible.ca for more information.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were blessed to worship with the brethren 8-28-22 and were very encouraged by the message and warm welcome we received.

August 29, 2022 at 2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The church building is easy to find on Zo Zo Moran Rd., behind KFC in Cole Bay.

August 29, 2022 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Lookup a word or passage in the Bible




[home]  [about]  [CONTACT]  [LINKS]  [CHURCHES]  [members]  [salvation]